Konkan is teaming with wildlife, birds, butterflies, frogs, snakes and loads of endemic flora and fauna. To add to the charm, the fruit trees are ladden with Mangoes, Bananas, Jackfruits and Karwandas.
Join us on this short, Volunteer Tourism camp to explore, experience and create magic to further facilitate Ecotourism in the heart of the Northern Western Ghats!
What is Volunteer Tourism?
This is a new-age concept of tourism, wherein you undertake activities along with the host such that you help create a better environment, rebuild a school, an eco-centre, or develop education literature or work to educate village kids and document local flora and fauna, and also help in the day to day chores of camp maintenance, although paying the regular camp fees!
What will we be doing?
– Creating Butterfly Gardens & a Vegetable farm;
– Creating pits for planting trees during monsoons;
– Preparing literature and articles for local consumption;
– Working to create a Volunteer’s Home;
– Visits to local forests and sacred groves for observing & documenting Biodiversity of Northern Western Ghats
– Learning to cook with local materials
– Night Trails & Star Gazing
Stay: Is in basic Village Home, with ground bedding and mattress provided. Please note due to rural location, power cuts are common place.
Rs. 7000 including travel, home stays and food. Please note that any bottled beverages, tips and laundry charges are extra. Standard Cancellation Policy applies.
For booking & queries Please contact:
Kevin Kavi – +91-98190-34183 or
Anand Pendharkar – +91-98201-40254.
To book your seat, please pay full camp fees to the account of Anand Pendharkar
ICICI Bank, Nariman Point Branch
AC No. 000-401-535-219
NEFT/IFSC Code: ICIC0000004