SSDC was formed between the street dance teams of various colleges from Mumbai, and Ruel (Phillipine Allstars). Over the years, the crew has undergone a major overhaul, and finally, comprises of dancers from HR college, Mumbai. SSDC has specialists from every element of hip hop, such as Breaking (Bboying), Popping, Krump, Housing, Locking, etc. As of now we are mainly a college-level phenomenon going national. [click read more, for crew members info]
When SSDC won the International Dance Festival in 2012. This is from our favorite choreography on the popular dubstep track
The pillars of SSDC’s 2014 comeback –
Harshal (Li’l Flip), Nimit (Shockwave), Raj, and Shivam – Official (Evolution)
Finally, the wait is over! grin emoticon
SSDC is coming up with Monthly Classes in Mumbai, for authentic hip-hop dancing! smile emoticon From one of the first and most respected hip-hop crews in India, comes the only dance class that will delve into all aspects of the hip hop culture! Come join us and experience hip-hop, SSDC style!
The training will include:
Krumping, Popping, Locking, Urban, Hip Hop Choreography, Old & New School Hip Hop, Whacking, Tutting, House, Bboying, Stage presence, Creative routine work, Cypher & Battle Culture, and Musicality!
First 10 people to register get special discounts and services.
For details contact:
Harshal aka Li’l Flip – 9930598078, or on BBM -748ee2be.
Or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register fast, because batches are already filling up!
Spread the word, and bring your friends along
From the film ‘Nasha’, watch Shivam (Evolution) perform in the upbeat, youthful and funny music video of “The Goti Song”
,000 likes, thank you for the support! smile emoticon As a token of our appreciation, SSDC is finally going to be teaching it’s brand of hip hop this monsoon, in Indian Hip Hop’s hometown, Mumbai! I know a lot of you’ve been waiting, so here’s your chance to learn from the most authentic hip hop crew in India wink emoticon Styles being taught:
Krump, Popping (by Nimit aka Shockwave) and Hip hop freestyle choreo (Harshal aka LilFlipo).
For details, contact these numbers ASAP, because you know how fast limited slots are filling, yeah. wink emoticon
The list of permanent crew members are:
1. Ruel –> Krump specialist. BUCK in the hoousee!
2. Nimit a.k.a. Shockwave –> He’s a pro at all styles, but kills it with his popping and krump.
3. Harshal a.k.a. Li’l Flip –> Mainly known for his style, and role of the risk-taker in all of SSDC’s routines.
4. Shivam a.k.a. Bboy Evolution –> Specializes in breaking/bboying. [also created and manages this page]
5. Rahul a.k.a. sLick –> Specializes in abstract breaking, i.e contortionist style.
6. Macedon –> Versatile dancer, jack of all styles. Mainly known for his great stage presence.
7. Shantanu –> Though has trained in various forms of dance from folk to hip hop, he is a very sick Popper.
8. Raj —> A contemporary dancer by background, has made a smooth transition into hip hop. Likes to break and krump.
9. Kunal —> Another bboy in the crew, mainly known for his headspins. New crew member.
We were called on short notice to appear on Channel V’s Dil Dosti Dance, recognized for being Indiafest champions. So 5 of us from the crew who were available met up at night and put together an act to appear on the show And of course the clips in the beginning are also us. 6th guy is Yash from HR’s dance team.
Choreography : Nimit
Reel combined and edited by : Shivam
First Place Act at the “Beat It” event…
Street Soul Dance Crew of HR college,Mumbai performing for the ‘Beat It’ event at the [V] IndiaFest 2011, Goa
download the high quality version of dis vid at